Monday, December 31, 2012

And, That's How It Ends

 
Well, it's almost here. 2013. Am I excited? Of course. Am I ready for a new chapter to begin? You betcha! Regrets? I've had a few....but, all in all, 2012....I can't complain. I accomplished a lot this year. Having my first paperback novel published was a big one. But, there were also a lot of intangible things that have changed this year. And, that's the stuff I want to keep working on for next year. I'm not one to wait until January 1st to start changes. I like to kick things off when the mood strikes. I started dropping weight on June 4th. Still going, but getting closer to the goal every day.

Goals are what it's all about for me. Rules suck. But, goals on the other hand, well that's another ball game all together. Apparently, I'm not alone in that feeling.

As for my goals for 2013...it's all about shedding. Shedding pounds, shedding useless habits and things. Shedding the shackles of owning a home. And, shedding all the bullshit that seems to accumulate everywhere.

I'm gonna learn to swim and if all goes well, to surf. And what better place to learn to surf than in Australia. So, to that end, if all goes to plan, we're heading back to Australia in 2013. I'm planning to cartwheel again in 2013, hopefully without breaking something. And, I will get my hot air balloon ride this year, no matter what! Hear that Universe, it's happening, so get on board. (literally and figuratively)

For work, I want to keep creating stories I love, stretching myself and writing things I can be proud of. Numbers aren't nearly as important to me as they once were. For right now, it's all about being in love with the words on the page and if others love them too, all the better.

So, those are the goals for 2013. It's an evolving list, but that's what I've got so far. One last Man Candy for the year, and also to help kick off the New Year right.

Happy New Year!!!!
_

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Yay, beach bums!

When I first read that, I thought you were going to swim/surf to Aus.

Heidi Champa said...

That would take a while, but if that's the only way we could get there, I might consider it. :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like you're taking this year by the horns. Good to shake things up when the get dull or stifling. I'll look forward to hearing how these goals turn out.