This year was full of amazing things for me. Trying to remember them all was a bit of a challenge. And, I'm almost positive I'm forgetting something. But, I also know that this year was tough on many people around me and they will be happy to see the back of 2013. Their fresh start is one of hope and promise of what the future will bring. Mine includes that as well, but I am also able to look back at this year with a bit more fondness.
As I made the list of things I did this year, it turned out to be varied and awesome and I'm really proud of it. Here it is, in no particular order, except for the 1st one, which was obviously the biggest. And, here's to an amazing start to 2014.
My year (in review)
- Sold our house and moved into a one bedroom apartment downtown
- Tried Stand Up Paddleboarding for the 1st time and loved it!
- Learned to swim
- Kayaked four times
- Did a cartwheel and a handstand for the first time since I was a kid
- Lost 100+ pounds (technically started in 2012, but got to the finish line in 2013)
- Took a pole dancing class
- Won my fantasy football league championship!
- Got into a single digit jean size for the 1st time since high school/early college
- Swam a mile in the pool, a bunch of times!
- Did a mud run
- Saw 5 concerts, including Texas is the Reason on their farewell tour
- Took a rowing class
- Attempted to swim in open water
- Bought dresses and pantyhose for 1st time in 10 years
- Had 21 things published this year: 6 novellas and 15 short stories
So, all in all, not a bad little year. I can't wait to see what 2014 has in store for me.