Monday, October 17, 2011

I Think I Used to Have a Purpose



My blog laziness is really beginning to be a problem. It has become a vicious cycle that is hard to get out of. I don't get a lot of interest in some blog posts, so I think, what's the point. So, I stop posting. Then, people stop coming to my blog all together because their is no new content. Round and round we go, where it stops, I'm just not sure. In an effort to break the cycle, I'm aiming for a Monday, Wednesday, Friday blog post schedule. Here's hoping it works out.

My husband is reading a book for work and it contained a quote that has really stuck in my head. "Without conscious and deliberate effort, inertia always wins." It is so true, at least for me. I find it so easy to fall into the same old patterns, the same lazy behavior that yields little results, but requires little work as well. I tell myself it's enough, but I know deep down that it isn't enough. I've chosen to write for a living and sometimes I feel like I am deficient in my duties, not only to myself and my passion for writing, but to my family as well. I want to "pull my weight" and there are some days where I just don't feel like I come close.

Complacency has crept in a bit. Which I hate. It's not just my writing. I find that most aspects of my life have just become fat and lazy. My intentions are good, but my follow through is for shit. Starting now, I aim to remedy that. But, talk, as they say, is cheap. The mantra of conscious and deliberate effort is now firmly in my brain. We'll see how it translates into practice.

As a little incentive, I start this week like most others, with Man Candy. See, if he can type, so can I.

*Quote from Delivering Happiness by Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos.com*
_

No comments: