Thursday, February 3, 2011

Faster, Faster, Faster, Thoughts Scatter


This blog post may contain several random and unrelated things. Sometimes, it's really difficult to have one coherent thought that is good enough to write about. And, I didn't feel like waiting until I had something profound or deep to say.

Anyway, I had a wonderful shout-out from the fabulous Violet Blue the other day. She is a fan of my Man Candy and supplied a little of her own. Needless to say, I was chuffed. In other Man Candy news, I super-excited about Henry Cavill being named the new Superman. I don't even like superhero movies, but I'm all about the lovely Henry in tights, just like he was in the Tudors.

It's that time of year again. AFL Dreamteam time. For those of you who don't have a clue about who I am, I love Australia. I also love Australian Rules Football, more specifically, The Geelong Cats. AFL Dreamteam is their version of fantasy football. I spent about an hour drafting my team today, and although it's early, I'm cautiously optimistic about my chances of kicking Anthony's ass. Last year must be avenged.

On the work front, today, I did something I don't normally do. I let some deadlines pass me by. On purpose. I've been torn between the idea of keeping up my anthology pace or focusing more on my single author titles and expanding my horizons in that arena. It seems my decision has been made, at least for the time being. I have to admit, it felt kind of weird. It wasn't that I didn't want to write something, but I've realized that I just can't do it all. I know, weird right?

After many months of deprivation when it comes to going out and doing fun things, I decided to treat myself. To Henry Rollins tickets. What's a girl to do, when he's going to be doing a show twenty minutes from her house? It's fate, don't you know. It should be a great way to spend St. Patrick's Day. Plus, transporting him back to the house after I kidnap him will take a lot less time.
_

No comments: