Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I Should Shrug My Shoulders and Say, Good Riddance To a Bad Affair

I've had to accept that my WIP isn't quite right for the call I was preparing it for, and resign myself to the fact that I'm not going to be submitting it as planned. I'm sure I will find it a home someday, but just not right now. It is kind of a tough thing to admit, but I'm trying not to be discouraged. Just because it is not right for this call, doesn't mean it won't work for something else. It's just a hard pill to swallow right now.

Also, I've been endeavouring to remove a verbal tick from my vocabulary. We all have them, but I don't enjoy them. I once spent an entire seminar at work counting the amount of times the presenter said, "you know." Luckily, I'm not afflicted with that, or the incredibly popular, "like." I find that I say, "It's funny . . ." before starting an anecdote, even when something isn't particularly funny. I've been trying to cut back on my usage, but it has been difficult. I know a lot of people do it, and as I am now hyper-aware of it, I notice it all the time. Wish me luck in my attempts to banish the phrase from my vernacular. Like, you know?

Stay tuned, for tomorrow I have awesome news. Truly, wonderfully awesome news.
_

No comments: