Saturday, October 31, 2009

Lean Out And Touch The Treetops Over Town

In 2007, I got it into my head that I wanted to go on a hot-air balloon ride. I scheduled it for my 31st birthday and started counting down the days. But, 10 days before the big day, I fell hiking and broke my leg. So, I had to cancel the balloon trip. I rescheduled for November, but high winds kept us grounded yet again. I gave up, thinking it just wasn't meant to be.

Then, as fate would have it, I got a call out of the blue from the balloon company asking me if I wanted another crack at a ride. I jumped at the chance and set it up for a sunrise ride on Halloween. Well, I got the call I dreaded as soon as I saw the weather report last night. We are, once again, a no go for my hot-air balloon ride. So, now I have to wait again for my chance to go up into the wild blue yonder. Hopefully, when I do get the chance, it will look something like the picture.

But, I did get some good news to ease the pain a bit. It's still a secret for now, but needless to say, it helped a lot.
_

6 comments:

Danielle said...

aww bad luck:-/ maybe next year..next year is good for ballooning since i ll go on a balloon ride with my two boys too...:-)

Heidi Champa said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, Danielle!!

Emerald said...

That is a beautiful picture. I love hot-air balloons, though I don't feel particularly compelled to ride in one. :) I just like the way they look! I wish you the very best with your (potential) ride in one.

Heidi Champa said...

Thanks, Emerald. I just keep hoping everything will come together just right one day so we can fly!!

Hope you had a great weekend

Erobintica said...

Despite being afraid of heights, I've always wanted to take a balloon ride (go figure!). Hope you still get to do yours someday!

Heidi Champa said...

Thanks, Robin. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!