Sunday, May 17, 2009

With All My Might I Scored a Strike, My Friend You Wouldn't Believe

It's been a weekend of ups and downs. I didn't get as much accomplished as I would have liked, but sometimes that's what weekends are for.

I had just started my lazy Sunday, when I got an email alert from the lovely people at Coffee Time Romance, letting me know that they had reviewed the Sweaty Sex anthology, which contains my story, Head Pin. The anthology received four cups, and my story got some nice words as well. Here is the review of my story.

"Gracie works at her father’s bowling alley and in her spare time likes to play a couple of games. There is just something about the sport that keeps her coming back for more.

Chase is a celebrity of sorts, coming back to town after his PBA tour. When he enters his old hangout, the bowling alley, it seems he is finally home.

Before he left, Gracie and Chase shared a memorable kiss that has lasted with her all this time. When he shows up with the same cocky grin, she knows her feelings for him have not changed at all. Will Chase just tease her again like he did before, or will he finally take things further?

Ms. Champa impressed me with this story; I really was enchanted with every moment. The history between Chase and Gracie was perfectly told and brought a feeling of nostalgia to me. Head Pin had such a great quality to it, I found myself falling not only for this story but for the characters as well."--Danielle@Coffee Time

So, that lifted my tired spirits and got my Sunday off to a great start. You can read the full review here, and the anthology can be purchased at Ravenous Romance for a very nice price.

I'm off to get some lunch and get to work. I thought I'd leave you with an excerpt of my story Head Pin, just to get the juices flowing. Who knows? Maybe you'll be inspired to bowl a game or two.


Head Pin

I tried to walk away, but Chase followed me to the office. I pushed the door closed in his face, but he continued to follow me. Sitting down, I tried to ignore him staring down at me, tried to ignore the fire he had started in my stomach and my pussy. God, being mad at him felt better than it should have. I was angry and horny all at the same time.

“That’s a very convincing argument, Gracie. But, I think you are protesting too much.”

“Really, Shakespeare, is that what you think? I’m just so desperate to have you that I spend all my time stalking you just to get a vicarious thrill.”

“Hey, you said it, I didn’t. I’m just saying you seem awfully bothered by something that is really none of your concern.”

“It is if you are fucking on my property, you dolt.”

“As you know, we didn’t actually get the chance to fuck here. I had to take her back to my place and bonk her senseless there. So, in fact that part shouldn’t concern you at all.”

Despite my best efforts to hide it, my face was now fully red. Hearing him talk like that was driving me mad. I stood up again, under the guises of pushing his ass out the door. But, all I did was move closer to him, just as close as we were that night at his party. Too close.

“Chase, what you do and who you do don’t matter to me. Don’t flatter yourself.”

“Wouldn’t dream of it darling. I’m just trying to figure out why you hate me so much. Is it still because I wouldn’t be your silly little boyfriend all those years ago? Or is it because I never called after I left town? You really did miss me, didn’t you?”

I found myself against the door; somehow I had let him press me back against the particleboard. I felt his knee slide between mine, pressing into my thighs. I couldn’t see straight anymore. He put his hand up against the door, trapping me. Not that there was anywhere else on earth I wanted to be at that moment. The thunder of the pins was nothing compared to the beating of my heart in my chest. I was sure he could hear it even with all the noise. I had to get control back.

“I didn’t miss you Chase, not even a little bit. I hate to tell you, but my life moved on.”

“Clearly, because after all, here you are. Just like when I left. I thought you’d sworn off this place.”

“I got over it. College was fun and all, but this is where I belong.”

“Well, this is where I belong.”

I couldn’t tell if he meant in town, or in front of me. He leaned an inch closer, his mouth right above mine. If I had wanted to, I could have kissed him. God, if I wanted to. I needed to.

“Come on Gracie, you know you want to. Just kiss me. I won’t tell anyone.”

I closed my eyes and left them shut for a few seconds longer than I needed to. When I opened them, I saw it. That damned smirk; that shit-eating grin I had seen that night. The one I had been confronted with ever since he came back. The one that mocked me and made my blood boil. And, not in the good way. I gathered all my strength and pushed him back away from me. I felt like the air had finally returned to the room. He looked at me and I could tell he was all too pleased with himself.

“Suit yourself, Gracie. You know where to find me. When you come to your senses.”
_

2 comments:

Jeremy Edwards said...

Congratulations! Sounds like your story was right up the reviewer's ... alley. No surprise, of course!

Heidi Champa said...

Thanks Jeremy. I do love a good bowling pun. ;)