Thursday, May 7, 2009

Help Me Make The Most Of Freedom And Of Pleasure

It has been an adventure, but today my semester comes to an end. My last classes, my last assignment and the end of my tenure as a "non-traditional" student. I had fun, but I can't say that it was roses and candy. It got on my nerves a lot, but mostly, it was cool to stretch myself, write something I normal wouldn't and get to know some of the kids again.

I got to do things I never thought I would. Like being the teacher's pet and striving for that perfect grade (which I never got). I'm hoping for two A's however, and I think I'll get them. That will have to be good enough for my new found perfectionist side. I'm not sure if she'll be sticking around, but it was nice to try out for a while.

Now, it's back to the tasks at hand. Writing nonfiction has opened my eyes to all kinds of new possibilities. I'm off to explore them. Wish me luck.
_

3 comments:

Jeremy Edwards said...

Congratulations on completing your adventure so successfully! And best wishes to your perfectionist side. : )

Heidi Champa said...

Thanks Jeremy. I'm sure we'll both be very happy with our grades.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Heidi,

I'm a non-traditional student, too. I'm graduating this Sunday with a BA in English and I've had the time of my life getting this degree. It took 7 long years of part-time study, and I'm going to miss taking classes. Big time. The last two papers were handed in two weeks ago, and I've been lost ever since...

Oh, hell, I'm going to brag. I did get an A+ on an Independent Study project I did last semester. When the professor told me, I sat down and cried. The guy's 76-years-old and I think I flustered him a bit with my reaction but it was a cool feeling. Like a waterfall cascading over me. The ultimate perfectionist rush.

So, congratulations on your accomplishment! You deserve all the accolades you're going to get.

cerulean