Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Should Think Clear And Focus, But I've Things To Do

I am one of the world's worst procrastinator. It has been a problem for me my whole life, but as a writer now working with deadlines, it is down right overwhelming. When I have a concrete date in my head of when something is due, I am drawn to that date like a moth to a flame. But, I don't want to become one of those writers who sends everything in at the last minute. It is a constant battle.

The problem is, I've gotten some stories accepted that I sent in at the last minute. This rewards my bad behavior, thus making it acceptable in my mind. That only deepens the problem, making me procrastinate more. It's a vicious circle. And, I hate those.

I'm getting better, sometimes even managing to send stuff in a whole two weeks early. That's right. Baby steps. Right now, I'm working on two things, trying to get them both in early. But, the procrastination beast is always taunting me. Distracting me and wasting my time. Forcing me to clean out the cabinets or refold my sock drawer. Real important stuff. But, I must fight and type on. Wish me luck.
_

No comments: