Monday, July 12, 2010

We Just Want to Go On Walking Around, And Feel What It's Like to Fall Down


My weekend was a study in ups and downs. There just seem to be far too many issues swirling around these days. I thought I'd finally come to a break in some of the nuisances that have been filling up my mind, but it seems as one is cleared off the giant conveyor belt in my brain, another one gets set down. I just want to pull the switch and turn the whole damn thing off, but I can't.

So, instead I spent my weekend trying to relax and watching international sports. In the wee hours of Saturday morning, it was my Cats beating the hated Hawthorn by just 2 points. Plus, one of my favorite sporting events in the world, the Tour de France, went into its second weekend. Most people with two older brothers are forced to watch baseball and football growing up. I, on the other hand, had two bike-loving brothers and grew up watching guys climb mountains on two wheels. And, I still love it to this day. Hence the Man Candy this week. He's my favorite rider, sprinter Mark Cavendish. His nickname is the Manx Missile and he's one cocky son of a bitch. Which I love!

Now, that it's Monday, it's back to that conveyor belt, back to work. Maybe I can turn the speed down for just a few days. Oh, I almost forgot some breaking news. . . . my first novella, White Out, is going to be released a week early. It will now be available on August 15th. So, stay tuned for more details.

_

No comments: