Monday, June 15, 2009

Step Right Up And Get Your Tickets

I got onto a roller coaster on Friday. I sat in the last car, like I always do, waiting as we rode slowly to the top of the highest hill. I held my breath as the last click sounded, and then I started to fall. It felt like it would never bottom out. But, then the car threw me sideways, pushing me against the thin metal wall. Then, we climbed another hill, this one smaller, but the fall was a lot quicker. Up and down, completely upside down, around the sharp turns, and then finally back to the same place we started. The conductor flipped the switch and we could get out. My pulse was racing, my stomach a bit sick. But, it was over.

That about sums up my weekend. I was freed from the jury duty cloud that was hanging over my head. I got rejected. Sometimes I wonder why I do this to myself. But, then I remember that I love it. I need to do it. There is no choice. So, I get back up and do it all over again. Tomorrow, I get back on the roller coaster. Today, I lick my wounds and ogle my Man Candy.
_

No comments: