Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Your Life is Sneaking Up Behind, It Just Won't Let You Go


Today was my second day of classes at college. I have to say that a lot of it is exactly as I remember it. The awkward silence when you first walk into the room, when no one wants to talk too much or too loud. I headed straight for the back of the room, just like I did all those years ago. But, other than that, so much has changed since my first go around.

I find the biggest change is the change in my attitude. Back when I was getting my B.A., I was a confused kid who didn't have a clue what I wanted to do with my life. Now, I'm an older, hopefully wiser person, who knows exactly what I want from life. Learning under these circumstances doesn't seem like a chore. It seems like a great chance to expand my horizons and pick up a few tricks I didn't know before.

There are so many young, hopeful people in my classes. They are just starting out, just trying to find their ways. I remember what that used to feel like. While I don't miss being clueless, I do miss being so optimistic and open to anything.

So far the work has been easy, but the harder projects are on their way. I'm looking forward to the challenges and really getting into the heart of the classes. I'll keep you posted on my progress. I have my first big assignments coming up. Wish me luck.
_

1 comment:

Erobintica said...

Heidi,

I always find it impressive when someone "goes back to school" - I've thought about it and found the whole idea daunting - maybe it's the memory of tests (I hate studying). My youngest daughter is in college now and I listen to her and remember the optimism, the whole world ahead of me, but I sure don't miss being clueless, hahaha. I haven't had the nerve to even seriously think about it. Good luck!