As I said in my last post, most of the time, what people are reacting to, either way, in my stories, is a matter of personal preference. I've (mostly) managed to shake the notion that the reviewer is saying, "HEIDI CHAMPA IS THE WORST WRITER IN THE WORLD." Because that is what I used to think. And, while I do fall into that trap sometimes, I'd like to think I have a bit more perspective on the whole thing these days.
To that end, I thought I'd share the ONE, TWO, THREE nice reviews of my novel, Losing and Gaining. I appreciate them all and am glad that my novel has found some support.
Also, I'm happy to report that my new short story, Down Memory Lane, has made the Amber Allure Bestseller list for September!!! And, with only seven days to sell it, I think that's pretty good. Below is the whole list. Above, is the delicious Man Candy for the week. Yum.
1. Pushing The Envelope XIII: Dear Sir - Kim Dare (Gay / Contemp. / BDSM)
2. Digging For Gold - Sean Michael (Gay / Contemporary)
3. Maybe This Time - Shawn Lane (Gay / Contemporary)
4. Angels On The Outfield - Pepper Espinoza (Gay / Contemporary)
5. Tame 2: Savage - A. J. Llewellyn (Gay / Werewolf)
6. Down Memory Lane - Heidi Champa (Gay / Contemporary)
7. Run To Ground - Darcy Abriel (Gay / Werewolf)
8. Pushing The Envelope XII: Yours Faithfully - Kim Dare (Gay / Contemp. / BDSM)
9. The Friendly Werewolf & The (Almost) Virgin Vampire - Helen Louise Caroll (Gay/Werewolf /Vampire)
10. Happy Endings: Briefs - Missy Welsh (Gay / Collection)