Thursday, April 26, 2012

I'll Be Animated Every Night, The Grass Will be Greener on the Other Side


Lost in all the nonsense I've had to deal with in the last week, was some really good news. Not only have I completed and sold my first novel, it turns out said novel is my 100th publised piece. I double and tripled checked my numbers and it is true. 100 published (or soon to be published) fiction stories/novellas. I'll have more information about my novel very soon, but after all the distractions, it's nice to be able to focus on some positive thing again.

When I got my first short story accepted back in 2008, I never thought I'd be where I am right now. I can honestly say this is the best and most rewarding thing I've ever done. And, even with all the slings and arrows that have come up along the way, I wouldn't trade a second of it. Finally doing what I love has been worth all the bullshit it took to get here.

Also, in other good news, my story That's The Rub, is now available in the collection Kept Against His Will II, published by STARbooks Press. You can buy your copy right here.

100 original pieces in 4 years sounds like a nice number. To celebrate, I've given myself (and everyone else) a little extra Man Candy. Sorry it's a few days late.
_

2 comments:

Jeremy Edwards said...

Congratulations, novelist (and centenarian storyist)!!

[Spamword: zipsystr]

Heidi Champa said...

Thanks, Jeremy!

That is quite the spamword you got there. :)