Thursday, June 3, 2010

Danced Around the Broken Blues


After the Tuesday I had, I was in need of something uplifting, something good. I got it, in the form of a little piece of good news from the wonderful folks at Filament Magazine. During their 1st birthday celebrations Wednesday in London, they announced the winners of their Reader's Choice poll, that I had mentioned here on my blog.

Well, I am dead chuffed to say that my story, Cold Turkey, took the honor of Erotic Fiction of the Year. So, thanks to all of you who voted for me. Also, to all who have read, subscribed or just supported Filament Magazine in the first year, thank you. It is an amazing, necessary magazine and I am proud to have been a part of it. If you haven't checked it out yet, please do so, the new issue is out now!

In other good things, I got another acceptance in my inbox today, which I'll keep you posted on as I get more details. Also, my contributor copies of Please Ma'am have arrived and they are GORGEOUS!!! I can't wait to get started reading it. Tomorrow, I'm starting my new project, another novella-length piece.

It finally worked. I asked the universe for a glass of lemonade instead of lemons, and that's exactly what I got. Here's hoping it's not a one time offer.
_

No comments: