Sunday, February 14, 2010

I'm All Grown Up Now, Baby Can't You See

Happy Valentine's Day!! I hope you are having a wonderful day full of chocolate, flowers, sex, gourmet dinners, stuffed teddy bears, etc. . . .

If you have a free moment, please head over to Logical Lust today and check out The Cougar Book. It is now available in both paperback and e-book form, and contains my story, Spring Training. It is about a hot, young college baseball player and the older woman who catches his eye. It is super-hot and I'm so proud to be a part of this collection with the likes of Craig Sorensen, Emerald, Jeremy Edwards, Shanna Germain, Donna George Storey and Rachel Kramer Bussel.

I can think of a better gift to give this Valentine's Day. Smut is always a solid choice. Here's an excerpt to get you started.


I looked out the window, watching the fluid, easy motion of his arm. He barely looked at the ball when he caught it. It was as if he were on autopilot; until the ball thrown by his partner sailed past him, and went careening off the wall of the building where I was sitting. My heart skipped a beat as I watched him running straight towards my window, his legs pumping hard. The ball skipped up against the base of the building. Before I knew it, Derek was standing right in front of my window. He bent down to pick up the ball and stood up, his eyes staring right through the glass at me.

I froze, unable to move an inch in my chair. I expected him to just run off, but he didn’t. He just kept staring, his eyes fixed on mine. A deep flush rose up in my face. His smile surprised me, as did his apprising gaze. His hand reached out and touched the window, just for a second. His hand truly was large, his fingertips leaving smudges on the thick glass. It felt like he was touching me, a jolt of electricity shot through me. He turned and ran away, returning to his buddies and their game of catch. Nothing had happened, but it felt as real as anything ever did.

Turning away from the window, I tried to calm down. But, my breath was ragged and quick. I could feel a rush of moisture between my legs. My reaction seemed out of proportion, somehow odd. I looked at my clock. It was almost lunch time again. I cast one last glance out the window, before heading to the break room. Somehow a boring sandwich seemed like just what I needed
.
_

2 comments:

Emerald said...

Holy crap, Heidi, I just read "Spring Training," and it seriously left me breathless, lol! (Have I ever mentioned that baseball makes me horny??) Fabulous story; thanks so much!!!

Heidi Champa said...

Thanks, Emerald. I love the story too!! I have a similar reaction to baseball players myself!!

I just started reading the book, and I can't wait to get to your story