In 2007, I got it into my head that I wanted to go on a hot-air balloon ride. I scheduled it for my 31st birthday and started counting down the days. But, 10 days before the big day, I fell hiking and broke my leg. So, I had to cancel the balloon trip. I rescheduled for November, but high winds kept us grounded yet again. I gave up, thinking it just wasn't meant to be.
Then, as fate would have it, I got a call out of the blue from the balloon company asking me if I wanted another crack at a ride. I jumped at the chance and set it up for a sunrise ride on Halloween. Well, I got the call I dreaded as soon as I saw the weather report last night. We are, once again, a no go for my hot-air balloon ride. So, now I have to wait again for my chance to go up into the wild blue yonder. Hopefully, when I do get the chance, it will look something like the picture.
But, I did get some good news to ease the pain a bit. It's still a secret for now, but needless to say, it helped a lot.