Friday, April 24, 2009

You Couldn't See That It Was Not That Way

I wanted to thank everyone who stopped by from Pop Candy the last two days. My statcounter didn't know what hit it!! Keep on stopping by, you won't be sorry.

Man, I'm so glad the semester is almost over. It started out so well, but lately, I just haven't been feeling my classes. My Freelance Writing class is pretty much over. The teacher offered us a chance to get published and score a free ride the rest of the way. I did that, and now I'm just playing out the string. My second class, Non Fiction, which has been my favorite class, has been irritating me lately.

It's not the work, or the professor, or the grades. It's my classmates. A few in particular. Much to my chagrin, my class is full of right-wingers and one student in particular who thinks he knows everything. In the beginning, I chalked it up to his age and lack of perspective. But, now, he's really just rubbing me the wrong way. I just want to turn in my portfolio, get my grade, and move on. I foolishly thought that a college campus might spark some intelligent discourse, but it has yet to come.

Other than that, I'm waiting and waiting for responses to my submissions. Keeping my fingers crossed for some good news. I can't wait for the weekend. I'm in need of some relaxation and some nice weather.
_

3 comments:

Greazy Tony said...

damn kids

neve black said...

Wait a minute...right wingers in the liberal arts building? Maybe you should set the fire alarm and notify the authorities. :-)

I know I sound like a proud parent or something, but damn, girl, I'm proud of you. Good for you!

Oh yeah and the right winger kid, just write him into one of your stories - maybe he could use a good spanking?

Heidi Champa said...

You know,he would probably like that, Neve. Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm pretty proud of me too.