Thursday, May 29, 2008

So Let's Dance, The Last Dance


Tomorrow we leave for home. After almost three weeks in Australia, it's time to go home and get back to reality. Part of me is glad, ready to go home and get creative again, get back into my routine of writing. But, a big part of me will be sad once I'm sitting in that plane seat (and not just because I'm stuck there for 13 hours.) This place is magical to me, and it has been again this time.

So much good stuff, it is hard to list it all. Tim Tams and Lemonade. Exhausting but exhilarating walks. The sights, the sounds. The hot firefighter who smiled at me. It was all good. Even the bad stuff was good. That's how vacation is.

But, now life beckons. I have contracts to sign and send, stories to finish and send and so much more. It is time to spill the beans to everyone in my life that this is it. This is who I am and this is what I want to do. So I will bid Australia a fond farewell and look forward to seeing those United States I love so much.

(There are things I will not miss about Australia too. . .(only a few) No unsweetened Iced Tea. No free drink refills. The fact that books are so dang expensive. The unfavorable exchange rate. The lack of ice in general. No Cool Ranch Doritos. )

So, I shall return soon to writing more regularly. Until then, G'day.


1 comment:

Kathryn said...

It was great meeting you, glad you enjoyed your stay here (even if the footy wasn't so great!)

You are so right about the books, CDs too. We really get stiffed.