Thursday, April 10, 2008

Where it Began


This blog is meant to be a documentation of my journey as a writer. I haven't known where to start, so I haven't written a thing. But, lately, I've been feeling so many things, I don't know where else to put my thoughts down.

I've always known I wanted to write, but I've been so scared to let other people see my stuff that I've only recently attempted to publish my work, after a long hiatus from writing for real. Sure, I've blogged, but I want more. I want to see my name in print, I want to make this my life.

So, I've started sending out my work to see what will happen. So far, the preliminary response has been good. But, the waiting has been tough. You send your stuff out, and you wait. And, wait. Hoping and praying that your work will be liked, be accepted, be printed. I have tried to stay as patient as possible, but it is not always easy. I know these editors and publishers are insanely busy. And, they have a huge amount of writing to get through. I can only hope that my stuff is good enough to make an impression, and in time my work will get where it belongs.

So, to that end, I'm going to try and keep the faith, keep sending out my stuff, and most of all, keep writing. I welcome any input and comments. To whoever may find this blog, however you find it. I just want to write. Sure, and make tons of money and be like JK Rowling. But, for now, I'll take a little good fortune.

2 comments:

Jeremy Edwards said...

Hello, Heidi! Thanks for linking to my blog, and here's a toast to your writing and publishing adventures! (And an extra toast from one Pennsylvania erotica writer to another.)

Heidi Champa said...

Thank you Jeremy! I appreciate your kind words. Gotta love PA!